My husband and I have been on numerous other tours on five continents as well as small boat cruises, all of which we enjoyed.We will not be repeating the Trafalger experience.
Trafalger says the hotels are 4 or 5 star which they are not. Three hotels were Holiday Inn level, which we expected, one was very nice although the room was small, and three were lower level, including two in out of the way locations. The tour itself usually took us to one main sight in a city, and often we would not say was the major attraction, the other museums, churches, castles, forts, etc. were "on our own." The tour director did not inform us about the other possibilities in many cases, nor did she make recommendations for restaurants when we were on our own.
Trafalger bills itself as a lower cost alternative, but when you include the cost of Optional Experiences and entrance fees for other sights (not included in the tour), the cost rapidly escalates.We did a walking tour on our own, The Belfast Experience, one of the highlights of our trip, with a guide and full tea for GBP 15 per person while the Trafalger Optional Experience for a walk with fish and chips was GBP 45.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- "Signed up at a car rental place to receieve $100 rebate on my rental. I never received the rebate, I had to call twice to receive paper in the mail...."
- "This sleeping bag is horrible,horrible,horrible,horrible the zipper gets snagged and snagged over and over again, doesn't zip, teeth on zipper comes undone and the track is broken and can't mend..."
- "I would NOT recommend anyone going to Nick's. I brought my car there for brakerepair and picked up the car with the overhead headlight console BROKEN andhanging out. The repair..."
- "Went to our room put out two month old to bed shut the lights off with just tv on and boom what scurries along the ceiling into the overhead smoke..."
- "March 8th, 2016. We bought a Braxton 72" Sofa one year ago, I was convinced by them to by the goof proof + protection plan, they said it would cover..."
- "DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street #3, Boston, MA 02113...."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."