2.6
Additional Fees

We took the Spain Morocco Portugal trip because of the hype about Trafalgar's reputation's when comes to hotels accommodations, other amenities and services offered by the travel company.

The disappointment comes when we first put our steps in the airport. The Trafalgar representative in Madrid airport was so confused how to direct what bus each traveler must take in order for them to get to their hotels. There are about closed to 100 individuals that need directions and the person in-charge wasn't organized enough to do the job well (lack of planning).

I thought this was just a goof but the disappointment continues on. As we meet our tour director but don't get me wrong he seems to be a nice person. He mentioned that he will post the seat assignment on the bus that we are riding for the whole duration of our journey. During my past experienced, the seat assignment runs clockwise every single day so everybody has the chance to seat in front of the bus without posting names where you will seat which everyone automatically adheres to the rules. I even email him before he posted the seat assignment that he mentioned. And he told me specifically his company do that arrangement also. The few days past, and I had noticed that some couple got past off seating in front of the bus. As I figured out the reasons why; the other front seat was occupied by the tour director while the Moroccan local specialist is occupying the regular tour director place in the bus. Now that seats rotation jumps double rather than single movement loosing the chance for the other couple to occupy the other front seat. I also noticed the few seats in the quarter both front end sides of the bus where 2 couples are not moving according to the rotations. They have permanent seats in the bus. The other travelers noticed it too and they are not happy about the situations. I had learned later that they informed the tour director of motion sickness issues. What a trip...

The resolutions to these fiascos:

The other land tour I've joint in the past, the tour director speaks the language fluently to the country of destinations. I had tour director that speaks primarily English, Portuguese and Spanish. Others speak primarily English, Italian and German. The travel company like Trafalgar should match the language spoken by the tour director to destination country so not to occupy the front seat by the other local specialist on the bus that actually belongs to the paying travelers.

This tour director was trying to accommodate everybody's needs that blow-up in his face. But then again the customers that had motion sickness problem I believed were taking advantage of the director's flexibility. These same people are standing in the bus and ferry while the vehicle is in motion. They are the very same persons cutting in front of another person leaving the bus and ferry ahead of other to be in front as they wish. The other scammer doesn't even wait for her turn to leave the bus or ferry. In these outrageous behaviors they are faking the sickness just to satisfy themselves even being rude to other people who shouldn't be tolerated by Trafalgar. It's all about revenues but this company lost my business and maybe more people that will read this comments.

Product or Service Mentioned: Trafalgar Tours Spain Morocco And Portugal Tour.

Reason of review: unprepare to the influx of the people in the airport. unsatisfied with the bus seat arrangement. lack of free time..

I liked: Meeting lovely people, Seeing so much in just two weeks, Seeing so much in a short period of time.

I didn't like: Illness on the bus, Customer service, Pressure during trip.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 27, 2016.

Comments

By then my wife had learned about the motion sickness craft. She told the tour director that she is looking forward to sitting at the front of the bus.

When we arrived in Tangier Morocco my wife also mentioned that "my husband is having a headache too when sitting at the back of the bus". Lo and Behold we've got to sit in front and after another rotation 2 days before the end of the tour our seats became permanent. I told the tour director that put us back on the regular rotation because I want to follow the rules no exceptions.

It is very unfair to those who didn't have the chance to sit in front of the bus because of the inconsiderate few advantageous people in the group. In the last 2 days of the journey our seats 3 seats behind of the very front seat got to stay there for the rest of the trip which I demanded to cease but was never rearrange.