Trafalgar Tours - European Whirl - January 2016 with the fabulous Patrick Sidney
Well, the European Whirl really lived up to its name - you are always on the go - very early starts and late finishes and loads to see and do in between.
There were many fabulous experiences that were included in the tour price and extra fabulous experiences for which we paid extra and were very happy to do so.
I tell my friends that this tour is like a dessert tasting plate - lots of littles tastes to see what you prefer to get the big plate of next time. I found out Italy doesn't really do it for me but I loved France so therefore would spend more time in France and less so in Italy when I return to Europe.
We visited many countries in 12 days - England, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France with lots of towns and cities in each to stop and admire.
I loved the horse and cart ride and the snow fight on top of Mt Pilatus in Innsbruck, Switzerland. I loved that we were the only ones at the Eiffel Tower at 8.30am before anyone else was allowed in.
That day in Paris was sensational. We did the Eiffel Tower, Versailles, the Louvre and then that night, the Moulin Rouge! All the best bits in one very wonderful day!! It is definitely "a Whirl".
Our Tour Director, Patrick Sidney, couldn't have been better. Not only was he a delightful and helpful person but he was so knowledgeable and went far out of his way to make this trip something to really remember for his tour of 35 or so of us mainly Aussies!
A big shout out to our lovely bus driver Piero who was very skillful in maneuvering the very large bus in the small winding roads and he had to rescue us once when the Metro let us down!!
There is A LOT OF WALKING AND STAIRS on this tour, and also a real effort getting on and off the bus too, so please be truthful to yourself about your physical capabilities and bring enough pain medication to last you the whole trip!
Overall, as it was my first European visit, I loved it, even in a European winter. I got to experience so much in a short period of time which was perfect.
The people on the tour, alongside me, were lovely and we all got along quite nicely. Patrick made sure everything went smoothly and I am really hoping that my next Trafalgar Tour will be one of his, but this time I would love a slow tour!!
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Seeing so much in a short period of time
- Meeting lovely people
What I disliked
- Some of the breakfasts were meagre
- Sometimes no wifi in rooms
- Reason of review:
- Had a wonderful holiday :)
- Product or service
- Trafalgar Tours European Whirl Tour
- Review category
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Vegas package several years ago that I never got to use because of the tons of restrictions. Anyways since then I've received calls from them every couple..."
- "Insight Travel Company is very self serving, putting money making priorities in favor of commissioned merchants and travel guides. Buyer Beware, their shopping tours are a sham, misrepresenting you, the..."
- "Jamie Diggs of Jetsetters Group Inc is a violent and unstable man!! My wife and I attended a travel presentation in Eugene Oregon this Jamuary and were astonished at the..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."
- "i had bought a proactiv plus 3 step kit, & since then i have been receiving a ridiculous amount of proactiv + larger kits and tbh i dont remeber signing..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."