Trafalgar Tours - European Whirl - January 2016 with the fabulous Patrick Sidney
Well, the European Whirl really lived up to its name - you are always on the go - very early starts and late finishes and loads to see and do in between.
There were many fabulous experiences that were included in the tour price and extra fabulous experiences for which we paid extra and were very happy to do so.
I tell my friends that this tour is like a dessert tasting plate - lots of littles tastes to see what you prefer to get the big plate of next time. I found out Italy doesn't really do it for me but I loved France so therefore would spend more time in France and less so in Italy when I return to Europe.
We visited many countries in 12 days - England, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France with lots of towns and cities in each to stop and admire.
I loved the horse and cart ride and the snow fight on top of Mt Pilatus in Innsbruck, Switzerland. I loved that we were the only ones at the Eiffel Tower at 8.30am before anyone else was allowed in.
That day in Paris was sensational. We did the Eiffel Tower, Versailles, the Louvre and then that night, the Moulin Rouge! All the best bits in one very wonderful day!! It is definitely "a Whirl".
Our Tour Director, Patrick Sidney, couldn't have been better. Not only was he a delightful and helpful person but he was so knowledgeable and went far out of his way to make this trip something to really remember for his tour of 35 or so of us mainly Aussies!
A big shout out to our lovely bus driver Piero who was very skillful in maneuvering the very large bus in the small winding roads and he had to rescue us once when the Metro let us down!!
There is A LOT OF WALKING AND STAIRS on this tour, and also a real effort getting on and off the bus too, so please be truthful to yourself about your physical capabilities and bring enough pain medication to last you the whole trip!
Overall, as it was my first European visit, I loved it, even in a European winter. I got to experience so much in a short period of time which was perfect.
The people on the tour, alongside me, were lovely and we all got along quite nicely. Patrick made sure everything went smoothly and I am really hoping that my next Trafalgar Tour will be one of his, but this time I would love a slow tour!!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Seeing so much in a short period of time
- Meeting lovely people
What I disliked
- Some of the breakfasts were meagre
- Sometimes no wifi in rooms
- Reason of review:
- Had a wonderful holiday :)
- Product or service
- Trafalgar Tours European Whirl Tour
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Potential customers of the Andean Secrets of Sustainable Living 2017 Tour with Gregg Braden should be aware that the company operating this tour is indeed Power Places Tours, a company..."
- "What they say if its to good to be true! paid 400.00 dollars; no Hawaii all inclusive package with additional 250.00 and 200.00 dollars booking fee and peak season..."
- "I booked a tour in January for Spain named "Spanish wonder" which will start on June 5th this year.I got a single deal and was sure that it means that..."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "When the quote representative/salesperson called, they proceeded to ask questions about my prospective purchase and still refused to give a comparative estimate of various plans! They claimed that I had..."
- "Visitors to PSFIFACoins get not only FIFA 15 Coins for all the consoles and Xbox One and other devices but get them at cheap price too. One of the specialities..."