1K views
5.0

Well, the European Whirl really lived up to its name - you are always on the go - very early starts and late finishes and loads to see and do in between.

There were many fabulous experiences that were included in the tour price and extra fabulous experiences for which we paid extra and were very happy to do so.

I tell my friends that this tour is like a dessert tasting plate - lots of littles tastes to see what you prefer to get the big plate of next time. I found out Italy doesn't really do it for me but I loved France so therefore would spend more time in France and less so in Italy when I return to Europe.

We visited many countries in 12 days - England, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France with lots of towns and cities in each to stop and admire.

I loved the horse and cart ride and the snow fight on top of Mt Pilatus in Innsbruck, Switzerland. I loved that we were the only ones at the Eiffel Tower at 8.30am before anyone else was allowed in.

That day in Paris was sensational. We did the Eiffel Tower, Versailles, the Louvre and then that night, the Moulin Rouge! All the best bits in one very wonderful day!! It is definitely "a Whirl".

Our Tour Director, Patrick Sidney, couldn't have been better. Not only was he a delightful and helpful person but he was so knowledgeable and went far out of his way to make this trip something to really remember for his tour of 35 or so of us mainly Aussies!

A big shout out to our lovely bus driver Piero who was very skillful in maneuvering the very large bus in the small winding roads and he had to rescue us once when the Metro let us down!!

There is A LOT OF WALKING AND STAIRS on this tour, and also a real effort getting on and off the bus too, so please be truthful to yourself about your physical capabilities and bring enough pain medication to last you the whole trip!

Overall, as it was my first European visit, I loved it, even in a European winter. I got to experience so much in a short period of time which was perfect.

The people on the tour, alongside me, were lovely and we all got along quite nicely. Patrick made sure everything went smoothly and I am really hoping that my next Trafalgar Tour will be one of his, but this time I would love a slow tour!!

This reviewer shared experience about "had a wonderful holiday :)" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). princesspenelope is overall satisfied with Trafalgar Tours and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about trafalgar tours tour at Trafalgar Tours was some of the breakfasts were meagre and sometimes no wifi in rooms , but reviewer liked seeing so much in a short period of time. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Trafalgar Tours.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel category for more informed decision or compare Trafalgar Tours to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Trafalgar Tours?

Comments

Quirindi, New South Wales, Australia #1246396

We did the grand european tour in july 2016 and we scored Patrick , what a memorable trip it was , would do it all over again , we had a great smaller group and our tourguide was Patrick . I would love to get into contemplation mode again and w e could get the same group together would do it all over again. We had Roberto as the bus driver and he was great as well even though he could only speak italian