Trafalgar Tours - European Whirl - January 2016 with the fabulous Patrick Sidney

29 of 73 Trafalgar Tours reviews

Well, the European Whirl really lived up to its name - you are always on the go - very early starts and late finishes and loads to see and do in between.

There were many fabulous experiences that were included in the tour price and extra fabulous experiences for which we paid extra and were very happy to do so.

I tell my friends that this tour is like a dessert tasting plate - lots of littles tastes to see what you prefer to get the big plate of next time. I found out Italy doesn't really do it for me but I loved France so therefore would spend more time in France and less so in Italy when I return to Europe.

We visited many countries in 12 days - England, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France with lots of towns and cities in each to stop and admire.

I loved the horse and cart ride and the snow fight on top of Mt Pilatus in Innsbruck, Switzerland. I loved that we were the only ones at the Eiffel Tower at 8.30am before anyone else was allowed in.

That day in Paris was sensational. We did the Eiffel Tower, Versailles, the Louvre and then that night, the Moulin Rouge! All the best bits in one very wonderful day!! It is definitely "a Whirl".

Our Tour Director, Patrick Sidney, couldn't have been better. Not only was he a delightful and helpful person but he was so knowledgeable and went far out of his way to make this trip something to really remember for his tour of 35 or so of us mainly Aussies!

A big shout out to our lovely bus driver Piero who was very skillful in maneuvering the very large bus in the small winding roads and he had to rescue us once when the Metro let us down!!

There is A LOT OF WALKING AND STAIRS on this tour, and also a real effort getting on and off the bus too, so please be truthful to yourself about your physical capabilities and bring enough pain medication to last you the whole trip!

Overall, as it was my first European visit, I loved it, even in a European winter. I got to experience so much in a short period of time which was perfect.

The people on the tour, alongside me, were lovely and we all got along quite nicely. Patrick made sure everything went smoothly and I am really hoping that my next Trafalgar Tour will be one of his, but this time I would love a slow tour!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Seeing so much in a short period of time
    • Meeting lovely people
  • What I disliked
    • Some of the breakfasts were meagre
    • Sometimes no wifi in rooms

Reason of review:
Had a wonderful holiday :)
Product or service
Trafalgar Tours European Whirl Tour
Review category
Travel
review #798388 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Trafalgar Tours? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
29 of 73 Trafalgar Tours reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Nov 27 #1246396 Quirindi, New South Wales, Australia

We did the grand european tour in july 2016 and we scored Patrick , what a memorable trip it was , would do it all over again , we had a great smaller group and our tourguide was Patrick . I would love to get into contemplation mode again and w e could get the same group together would do it all over again. We had Roberto as the bus driver and he was great as well even though he could only speak italian

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Trafalgar Tours. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Trafalgar Tours.
Filing a new complaint about
×